We started off in 1948 in O Carballiño (Ourense). Throughout our career, innovation has always been one of our values.
We began manufacturing bodywork solely out of wood. The great success of this early bodywork caused orders to multiply. The first workshop soon became too small. We moved to Vilagarcía de Arousa.
Our orders and infrastructures grew so that in the 50s we already had 50 employees. In the 60s the factory grew with new facilities in Santiago de Compostela. Our strategic alliance with Pegaso resulted in increased orders and the growing prestige of our brand.
At the end of the 60s we motivated the creation of Unión
We continued to grow. In the 80s we founded Insular Carrocera. And in the 90s we created Cidsa (Castro Inversión y Desarrollo), devoted to the development of technology. A year later we purchased Carsa (Castro Carrocera).
Today more than 350 people make up Castrosua’s Group (Carsa, Insular, Cidsa and our facilities occupy over 90,000 square metres. Our strong belief in innovation, our international vocation and our development of strategic alliances are our three basic pillars.